Retirement is close, the house is too big for 1 person and a small dog. After retirement the days run into each other so much that I needed a “senior” clock that tells you what day of the week it is!
I knew I wanted to shake it up so in April of 2017 I rented a class C RV from CruiseAmerica.com for a week in and out of Phoenix, AZ.I learned a lot, like:
- Driving 700 miles in 1 week is way too much.
- RVs aren’t that hard to drive, at least class C 25′ ones.
- Gas costs are more than you expect, with a vehicle that gets less than 10 miles to the gallon!
- The floorplan isn’t what I needed, actually I needed more space, as any person with claustrophobia would.
- I love the solitude of an RV life, maybe not packed campgrounds, but the open space is soothing.
- It’s not scary, people are nice, I can do this!